- As a general rule, manuscripts can only be accepted from researchers from the Urban-Culture Research Center (UCRC) at Osaka Metropolitan University (OMU) including faculty members, professors emeritus, research professors, and part-time lecturers from the OMU Graduate School of Literature and Human Sciences. However, manuscripts are also accepted from researchers, provided they have a recommendation from faculty members of the OMU Graduate School of Literature and Human Sciences. In addition to this, manuscripts are also accepted from graduate students in the Graduate School, provided they have a recommendation from their supervising professor. However, a letter of recommendation must be included with their submission. Also, authors whose manuscripts are presentable as UCRC research results may be accepted even when they do not fit the above criteria.
- Contributions* to UrbanScope may include unpublished research articles, research notes, special contributions, and translations. However, English translations of previously published manuscripts may also be submitted. In such cases, following the manuscript’s acceptance, permission to translate and publish it must be obtained from the appropriate authorities.
- Manuscripts are to be written in English and submitted electronically as MS Word files. Submitted manuscripts need to be edited with the main text, notes, figures, tables, and any embedded images in a clearly visible format. Tables, figures, pictures, etc., should be images that can be printed as they are and should be limited to one per page. The position where images are to be inserted should be clearly indicated in the manuscript.
- Length restrictions of submissions are as follows:
- Research articles, special contributions, and translations must be 10,000 words or less, including the main text, notes, figures, and tables. Also include the English title, English abstract, five English keywords, and the Japanese versions thereof. Abstracts should be approximately 300 words.
- Research Notes must be 6,000 words or less. All other formatting details are the same as above in (1).
- Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by a member of the editorial board and by another peer reviewer selected by the board. Following the review, the board may require rewrites or may choose not to accept the manuscript. However, for manuscripts that have the potential to be accepted, the editorial board will provide support as needed for corrections and edits to be made.
- Submissions will be accepted until the designated deadline**, and should be sent to the UrbanScope editorial board. (OMU, Graduate School of Literature and Human Sciences, UCRC, )
- During the proofreading stage, the author cannot make significant additions or edits, only typographical errors or printing errors may be corrected.
* The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- Selected humanistic studies focusing on Japan
- Cutting-edge urban studies with international value
- Theoretical and/or applied studies on problems in globalizing cities
- Interdisciplinary area studies on Asian cultures and creativity
**The end of September