The reduction reactions are the key reactions in biomass conversion, industrial chemistry, and the synthesis of fine chemicals. Therefore, the development of highly efficient and highly selective catalysts is desired. We aim to develop solid catalysts for reduction reactions that exhibit high activity and selectivity under mild conditions.
・Hydrogenation of carbonyl compounds (carboxylic acids, amino acids, amides, ketones, aldehydes, etc.)
1) Recent progress on the development of heterogeneous catalysts for hydrogenation of carboxylic acids to the corresponding alcohols (Review)
M. Tamura, Y. Nakagawa 9 (2020) 126-143.
2) Recent Developments of Heterogeneous Catalysts for Selective Hydrogenation of Unsaturated Carbonyl Compounds to Unsaturated Alcohols (review)
M. Tamura, Y. Nakagawa, K. Tomishige, J. Jpn. Petrol. 2019) 106- 119.
3) Selective hydrogenation of amides to alcohols in water solvent over a heterogeneous CeO 2 -supported Ru catalyst
M. Tamura, S. Ishikawa, M. Betchaku, Y. Nakagawa, K. Tomishige , Chem. Commun. 54 (2018) 7503-7506.
・Reduction reaction of biomass
1) Direct Synthesis of Unsaturated Sugars from Methyl Glycosides
J. Cao, M. Tamura, Y. Nakagawa, K. Tomishige, ACS Catal. 9 (2019) 3725-3729.
2) Transformation of Sugars to Chiral Polyols over a Heterogeneous Catalyst
M. Tamura, N. Yuasa, J. Cao, Y. Nakagawa, K. Tomishige , Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 57 (2018) 8058 -8062.Hydrogenation
of unsaturated C=C bond
1) Bio -Based Cycloolefin Polymers: Carbonone-Derived Cyclic Conjugated Diene with Reactive exo-Methylene Group for Regioselective and Stereospecific Living Cationic Polymerization
T. Nishida, K. Satoh, S. Nagano, T. Seki, M Tamura, Y. Li , K. Tomishige , and M. Kamigaito, ACS Macro Lett.9 (2020) 1178-1783.
2) Nickel-iridium alloy as an efficient heterogeneous catalyst for hydrogenation of olefins
J. Bai, M. Tamura, Y. Nakagawa, K. Tomishige, Chem. Commun. 55 (2019) ) 10519- 10522.