The purpose of this program is to develop human resources who will lead the next generation of society by studying a wide range of academic fields from the humanities and social sciences to the natural sciences, acquiring specialized knowledge in the sciences such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geosciences, and biological chemistry, cultivating a spirit of independent inquiry, and developing insight, problem-solving skills, and logical thinking based on this, as well as a high level of creativity and the ability to think from a global perspective.
In light of this educational objective, the degree is awarded to those who have acquired the following abilities.
- Acquire a broad and rich education in the natural sciences, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, earth science, and biochemistry, as well as in the humanities and social sciences, and advanced knowledge and abilities to think from a global perspective.
- Acquire basic knowledge in mathematics, various fields of natural science, and information technology necessary for the study of science, and have the ability to think logically.
- Acquire the ability to collect information necessary for the study of science, analyze and analyze it quantitatively and qualitatively, and make appropriate judgments.
- Acquire specialized knowledge in each field of science, and acquire the ability to solve and develop problems in each specialized field.
- Acquire the ability to write logically, make oral presentations and discussions, and acquire essential communication skills that they can use internationally.